The PC/Mac Health Check promotional offer (“Offer”) is provided by Generali Global Assistance, Inc., dba Iris® Powered by Generali ("Iris") and (“We”).
This Offer applies for a limited time only, starting on October 1 and ending on October 31 (“Term”). On November 1, 2022, and thereafter, this Offer will not be available. Iris will provide the Services to individuals who submit a request until 5 pm ET on October 31, 2022.
The Services will be provided free of charge during the Term of this Offer to individuals who have completed the online form request.
Iris' Offer includes the services listed below ("the Services"), which may only be used by you in accordance with these Terms and Conditions (the "Terms"), which you should read before proceeding.
Iris' cyber risk specialists will remote into your PC/Mac to run a complete optimization to allow the device to perform at its maximum capacity. Iris will provide the following Services:
- Scan and remove infections such as viruses, malware, adware, etc. where possible
- Perform any necessary updates and upgrades of operating system patches related to security vulnerabilities
- Tune up the device to improve performance and operability
Iris will provide the Services until the case is closed, even if that period extends past the end of the promotional deadline if the initial call to you was made within the Term of the Offer.
To take advantage of this limited-time offer and to be able to use the PC/Mac Health Check Services described above, you must submit a call request via the online form and initiate the discussion with an Iris cyber risk specialist Monday through Friday from 8 am to 8 pm Eastern Time.
Individuals who submit the form request to use this Offer will be included in future marketing-related communications.
The Services are subject to the following conditions:
- The Services under this Offer are available for (1) computer only.
- The Services are available for residential, non-commercial computers only.
- Iris will use commercially reasonable efforts to assist the user in receiving the specific Service. However, not all problems can be remotely diagnosed or corrected easily, and some may require the user to return his or her computer to its original state, reload the operating system, application software, reload his or her personal settings and data, or work with a third-party hardware or software vendor to resolve the problem.
- The user’s right to use the Services is not transferable. The user may not use the Services in connection with any sharing arrangement, on behalf of any third party, or with respect to a computer not owned by the user or software program not installed on a computer owned by the user.
- In the course of providing the Services, Iris may determine that the issue is beyond the scope of the Services or the ability of the cyber risk specialists to remedy remotely. You acknowledge that Iris' home technical support is limited to remote support and that Iris' home technical support may not be able to solve every technical problem. You acknowledge that it may not be possible to defeat or overcome ransomware, and that not all spyware, malware, or virus can be successfully removed, and that such removal or removal attempts may impact the performance of other software programs on the user's system. Iris does not guarantee or warrant that any or all ransomware, spyware, malware, or virus will be or can be removed, and Iris does not guarantee or warrant that any spyware, malware, or virus removal or removal attempt will not impact the performance of other programs on the user's systems.
- Iris' home technical support does not include any responsibility of Iris to pay any ransomware demands.
- Iris does not warrant that Iris will be able to correct all problems as the Services are provided by remote access only, and issue resolution is subject to the physical working condition of the computer, ability to secure remote access and the technical issue being in scope of Iris' Services.
- You should be aware that no system used to detect scammers, malware, or dangerous items is entirely successful or foolproof. Accordingly, users who use the Services do so entirely at the user's own risk.
- Iris uses or relies upon an authorized provider to perform the Services.